Re: [RC] RC:Core Temp - Truman Prevatt

I would love to come over and ride your horse - however I am almost as far from the Tevis as I am from you. I still think that Kenyans are aliens - you are just covering for them ;-) !

The interesting thing I tell people who come to FL to ride and haven't done so before is it is the humidity. You can see it in their eyes. It takes a toll on them. It does take a tough horse. There is a horse that was doing endurance when I started. The horse was owned and ridden by a guy who's family owned one of the biggest cattle ranches in Florida. The horse could go all day in any conditions. But he was the exception and he came from stock that had acclimated to deal with the conditions. I haven't seen one like "Booger" since.

Truman

Nik Isahak Abdullah wrote:
Ah Truman! You obviously are not privy to their already well known big secret .The Kenyans train with the lions.Those that you get to see on CNN and BBC are the good ones !
I am going to share our little secret here with you because I think it is important for US of A to come back to 'big time ' in FEI Endurance for the importance of the sport : You do not need super million euro fast fast horses to win over here in KL ,but you need real tough horses .
We have a couple of horses from Down Under who has done well in Tom Quilty but have so far acquited themselves miserably in the local ride .
Why dont you come over in november and ride the 160 km on my horse in the WEC trail in exchange for a Tevis ride .How far is Tevis from Florida ?
Nik

--

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?” Justice William O. Douglas