Re: [RC] [RC] dog food issues - Carla Richardson

No dry foods have been recalled, and no Purina products were included in the recall.  Purina pulled one of its products, a wet pouch "Mighty Dog" voluntarily, as a precaution, because it is produced by Menu Foods, the manufacturer that had made all the other foods that were recalled.  However, no Purina products were listed on the recall.

Your dogs could have reacted to the change in food by having diarrhea.  That is quite common, and is usually short-lived.  Also, diarrhea isn't a symptom of kidney failure.  Vomiting, lethargy, extreme thirst, are symptoms to watch for in this current crisis.

I hope your dogs are all doing fine, now.

Carla Richardson
Colorado