[RC] bitless not "severe" - alexis_mills

Think about how different it would feel to have hard metal in your mouth versus a head hug from a bitless bridle (which is not the same as a side pull). I also ride on a loose rein most of the time: not because it hurts the horse to have contact, but because he doesn't need it.

The nose strap should be loose enough for the horse to eat comfortably, and mine does all the time.

I don't want to start/continue an argument here, just trying to let others know what has worked amazingly well for this wonderful horse I love so much.

And for those wondering about maintaining control in company, when Samurai had horses coming up on him for the first time at the Old Pueblo training ride, he fussed and fidgeted but never got away from me. I'm sure glad we had some veteran company though. Never would have made it through the water without Adele and Dreamy.