Re: [RC] Spine knob pad - Lynne Glazer

To me that's not hunter's bump when it is *directly under the rear of the saddle* but sheer spinal pressure from lack of any width in the gullet back there. A very serious problem.

I agree with Ed, short of getting a new saddle, use a firm felt pad (usually available in western or barrel cuts) and do a careful cutout--watch out where the "edges" are, you want as much surface contact still under your saddle as possible, just clearing the spinal processes and at least a finger's width on either side of the spine.

Lynne