Fwd: [RC] re: ROC 1987-musings - Cindy Collins

Barbara, YES!!!? I was there.? My junior rider, Elissa Gilbert laid down in the snow in the dark and wouldn't get up!? It was the hot chocolate that saved us.? Also, her Dad had some coffee with bourbon in it that revived me from near death and started me on my wicked ways!? Our crew person, Dennis Herman, plowed through the snow on foot looking for us and carrying horse blankets.? Great memories.? That was also the year on Day 1 that Ellisa and I raced Carol Hunt of Las Vegas through the downtown streets of Trona and raced across the railroad tracks with a train bearing down on us...really!? Ellisa's dad parked his brand new pickup on the tracks so he'd get hit instead of us if we were too slow, but we flew across :)? He followed us, the train blocked Carol and the rest is history.? Another great moment of sportsmanship.? (Honestly you had to be there).? Cindy

Cindy Collins

Cindy Collins