[RC] Aches and Pains - MaryBDVM

I second Dr Q's opinions on rehab and GLC for people horses and dogs.  Physical therapy is an important part of the healing process (been through it a bunch of times for various injuries) but another modality to consider is rolfing. After a car wreck when the chiropractor and even my massage person had about given up on me, the massage person recommended I try rolfing.  From the rolfing web site http://www.rolf.org/   "Rolfing structural integration works on the web-like complex of connective tissue (fascia) to release, realign and balance the whole body. It can resolve pain and discomfort from many different causes, including those related to the lingering effects of trauma, back pain, repetitive motion injury and aging. Rolfing is also an excellent foundation for and complement to yoga, pilates and other personal wellness practices. "

The rolfer I go to has worked miracles on me, increasing my range of motion and decreasing pain in acute situations and just sort of rebalancing me when I feel the need for a tune up.  My family now gives me gift certificates for birthday/Christmas presents.  Give it a try if you're hurting.
Best wishes,
Mary Brown, DVM
Morrow, OH