[RC] Ariat Dumas shoes - Kristi Schaaf

Cindy -

As someone who has worn and loved different types of
Ariats for years, I too was disappointed with my
Dumas. I love them when I'm on the horse, but can't
walk in them worth a damn. I had the same heel rub
problem as you, AND I sprained my ankle in them while
tailing on gravel. I've never sprained my ankle before
while tailing, and it hurt like hell, so I can no
longer trust the Dumas to support my ankles. To make
them tight enough to not slide AT ALL, I found I had
to tie them so tight that they then 'pinched' the top
of my foot while riding. I thought the little sock
thing would contribute to stabilizing my foot, but it
obviously doesn't (sprained ankle as proof). I'll most
likely use them as casual shoes and go on another
distance riding shoe/boot hunt...sigh...

Kristi

Cindy Collins wrote:
OK, ridecampers, I have a survey question:? How many
people have bought and tried out the Ariat Dumas
shoe.? This is the low profile lace up one with a sock
type feature and mess material.? For those of you who
have tried it, did you have any problems?? I probably
own about 9 pairs of Ariats including two pairs of the
original Ariat Terrains, one regular and one in
waterproof.? Love them both so was very excited about
this newer shoe for the summer months.? Love my Ariat
Terrain half chaps (except for that darn snap) so
thought these would be wonderful with them.? They fit
and feel great when I'm standing still or riding, but
when I got off to hike, they rubbed a blister on my
heel like you would not believe.? I tried twice with
different pairs of socks and they just won't work for
me.? Since all my other Ariats fit me and work so well
for me, I was shocked.? So, especially those of you
who have other Ariats you love, what was your
experience with this Dumas model.? Thanks.? BTW,
anyone need a size 9:)

Life's a journey, so enjoy the ride (and try not to fall off)

http://mail.yahoo.com