Date: 1/2/2007 10:05:16 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] bouncing...dressage?

> Watch this! :) >   > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICbUDJJtjV4 >   >
PattyP

OK, I spent about 30 min. letting my incredibly slow dial up download
that movie one frame at a time. Each time it had a tiny bit more
downloaded I watched it again, and waited and waited for her to sit a
trot that was faster than 2 mph. :-P  The video is lovely, the horse is
beaufully trained, but can you imagine a horse doing that for 50 miles?
>g<  I'm figuring it would take around 2 days once you averaged in all
the Piaffes. I'm not saying endurance horses will never move like that.
If everybody's right about us losing all our trails, we might *want* them
to trot that slow. Then we can make 5 miles last for 12 hours and feel
like we're still doing distance. :-))

Yes I have seen dressage riders sit a huge trot as they angle across the
ring, but it obviously requires a great deal of skill and effort. I just
don't see it being a worthwhile discussion as a method of competing in
endurance.

Angie