[RC] dressage? - Karla Watson

Yes I have seen dressage riders sit a huge trot as they angle across the
ring, but it obviously requires a great deal of skill and effort. I just
don't see it being a worthwhile discussion as a method of competing in
endurance.

I'd rather be trail riding than doing dressage but as you probably know dressage 1x week is a really great way to work those core muscles without hitting the gym or doing crunches. I'd rather get my workout on a horse. Dressage is HARD WORK for the rider and the horse. Its really great cross-training that compliments endurance for both horse and rider. Its ideal for strengthening the horse's back muscles along with many other muscles groups. Its also a superb training session for your horse.
---------Karla/who is hitting the gym(riding ring) today