Re: [RC] Suzanne and the GSFHR - Karla Watson

Oh, thats right. We forgot to tell her about the other 2 important pieces of equipment that, IMO are necessary to ride that far and that long.

1) Sheepskin on top of our saddles! What a wonderful thing that you will be so happy you bought. Worth its weight in gold. Makes most saddles that much more comfortable. Adds all that extra padding. Keeps your saddle warm during cold rides and cool during hot rides. Your body just melts into that sheepskin.....aaaahhhhh.....much better than feeling that leather against your delicate parts. I once loaned an extra sheepskin cover to a new friend who wondered what all the fuss was about using them. I NEVER got it back! She wrote me a check and insisted she take it home. ha ha....

2) Also, who could forget telling her to buy endurance stirrups! Gosh, the first time I used these I couldn't believe the difference. Someone would of had to pry them out of my cold, dead hands to get them from me! Easy Ride stirrups or Cloud Nine, whatever the brand, go get them for the Santa Fe Ride!! You won't be sorry. They aren't cheap but worth every penny when your feet start to fall asleep or get numb or ACHE. Your ankles will thank you every minute of those long days. You will never feel the stirrup under you like irons or those western stirrups. You will feel like your feet are in "nothing." Thats how I describe it. I'm not sure I would want to ride 50 miles without them. They have completely spoiled my feet. Why everyone who rides any equine sport does not own a pair is beyond me. I'd rather ride bareback than put my feet in any other stirrup again.
-------Karla Watson/Oregon
She had bought a fleece saddle cover instead of newer tights!!!!