[RC] Thaks for vest info - MaryBDVM

Hello,
Thank you for all the inputs on protective vests.  This really is a great group of people.  Tried on the Tipperary eventing vest and liked it a lot better than the cheaper brands.  Haven't found a Casel-equi vest to try in my area yet but I like the idea of the additional shoulder protection.  May or may not have helped when I land directly on my shoulder in Nov and ended up with my collar bone in 3 pieces, my shoulder blade in a bunch of pieces, and 6 broken ribs with a slightly collapsed lung.  My biggest regret in light of the hospital treatment which consisted only of diagnostics, 2 nights stay and painkillers, was in going to the hospital in the first place and racking up over $30,000 in medical bills.  None of the breaks were the type that are set.  You just grin and bear them for a couple of months.  I guess piece of mind is worth something (not $30,000+ though).  All this happened around the time of the thread discussing what we think of as we're going down-I distinctly remember thinking, "Whoa Rocky, you sumnabeach" and then, "This is gonna hurt."  It did.

One the bright side however, I trail rode my mare, Jackie, yesterday for the first time since the wreck.  I was on her for a full 30 seconds when she slipped in the mud and fell on to her side.  She fell towards my good shoulder though, it was in slow motion, and since I landed on my butt, no harm done.  Nice to get the first fall after an injury out of the way so as to get over the heebie-jeebies quickly.  Really do need to get a vest though.  Thanks for all your help.
Happy trails,
Mary Brown