[RC] GPS - christabas

Okay, I've searched the archives and everything I found was from 2000 or older, so can someone give me advice on the best GPS (in your opinion) for this sport?  I am mainly interested in speed and distance and ease of use.  I like the ones that go on your wrist, so I can see it but have my hands free.  I remember some people saying a year or so ago tha tthe Garmin Forerunner 101 was one of the best at the time...is it still so?  What software do you recommmend to go with it to track progress?

E-mail me privately if you like, so as not to clutter this list, since I know this is one of those subjects that gets discussed pretty often. :)

Thanks,
Christa