[RC] sick horses post ride - Dream Weaver

I tend to worry about things that are more imagined than reality based, and in this particular case it made me be more conservative than I needed to be. It turned out that there was really nothing there, and my overall concern was the weather being cold and windy on a body clipped horse.

I'm sure some people are worrying anyway, since this ride does tend to have horses get sick with strangles type things afterwards. If Chief does show signs in the next week of getting sick or not feeling well I will let everybody know. He's a pretty happy horse right now and is running around frisky with a very good appetite, clear nose and bright eyed. Just like he did before and during the ride. He would not have even been put in the trailer had he shown any signs of being sick. The mucous he had when I longed him was clear and probably caused from him clearing things out due to the wind and the dust/sand/trailer trip, as it never came back and had I not been paying close attention it wouldn't have even been noticed.

My other horse had a glob that I wiped out with one finger, one time, and it never came back after I did that, from over two weeks ago and the horses have been separated during that time. I would think that in that two week period if the other horse was going to be sick or spread something that it would have spread by now. There hasn't been a single cough or sign of anything being wrong among any of the horses.

Karen