[RC] Truman's Horse Speaks - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Howard Bramhall howard9732@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Truman, refresh my memory, did this happen at the Big South Fork Ride a couple
years ago when you ended up walking 7 miles back to camp because you got
dumped?  Or is this one more recent?

You'd think with all that exercise Truman would be able to loose a few pounds
and make it into the middleweight class.  Who ever would believe that riding a
horse long distance also requires walking almost the same?  Sometimes, like
drinkin, one walks alone.

The horse is the coolest species on this planet.  I remember seeing Truman talk
to his horse after his 7 mile walk at Big South Fork that year, and, well, all
I can say is I wish I had a video camera at the time because it was the
funniest conversation I have ever seen between two different species.  The
horse ended up winning the conversation (in my not so humble opinion) by saying
to Truman, "Well, if you'd quit drinking all that beer you would have caught me
(I even waited a bit for ya), but you just walk way too slow and you seem to
have quite a bit of problem making it up some of these hills."

cya,
Howard

Do I respect horses - you bet I do. But even as a HW that can still press quite
a bit of weight, I had a horse run away from me at an endurance ride when
another horse blew past mine without a rider, knocked my foot out of the
stirrup. As mine took off I had to get my foot back in the stirrup and by the
time I did my horse was at a flat out run chasing the other horse and I
couldn't snatch him up no matter what I did. I went down on that one to, but
only had a bit or road rash. Am I going to stop riding - nope not at all.

Truman