Re: [RC] solar chargers - Sisu West Ranch

Golf cart batteries are just wonderful deep cycle batteries.  They are extremely sturdy.  I would even bet with proper care you will get much more bang for the buck than with more expensive ones.  Yes they are not using the most modern technology, but they are well proven.  I suspect that their makers can show a country club that the total cost of ownership is less for them than for more expensive cells, if proper maintenance procedures are followed.  Often for consumer products, more money is spent as a substitute for proper maintenance.

Not all controllers are created equal.  The use of water indicates that you are over charging them.  Either disconnect them much of the time the RV is stored, or look into a better more modern controller.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875