Re: [RC] hoof armor - Lysane Cree

Kathie,

I have only been using the hoof armor since this summer, but I have been happy with the results. I found that the most important thing was the application itself - getting the hoof clean so that the HA stays on the hoof.
I tried the HA on two CTR rides (towards the end of the season) and I did find that it provided sufficient protection in rocks. As others may tell you, it is not a "miracle cure" to sore feet, but it will protect your horse's hoof and sole so that the horse uses his foot better and is not hesitant to put his foot down (when they are sore on gravel they tend to want to tippy toe over it). Proper trimming is also of course necessary

Yesterday I did a short ride with no hoof armor on and for the first time I saw that my mare was able to trot down a road that has gravel on it with no hesitation or tripping (which she was doing when she was sore on gravel).

So in my limited experience I've been happy with the HA and I plan on using it on all the rides I do next season. I know there are others who have been using it for longer and in rough rocky terrain and they have been very happy with the results.
Lysane
Kathie Ford <mspooh17@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All, was wondering if anyone out there knows about this product called
hoof armor? Would like opinions and also if there is a website for it.

I'm looking for alternatives to shoes.

My mare has been barefoot for years. When I got her five years ago I rode
her barefoot and even conditioned her for a year and a half for endurance.
NEver a bruise and she has great feet. Then put shoes on her for the
rides.

Unfortunately, after just pulling her shoes I was disheartened to see that
she has started to get underslung heels which shes never ever had. And now
has a heel bruise. That is a first ever too. So I'm looking for
alternatives.

I like the epics but for her, since she still has good heel spread the boots
are still to narrow in that area for her and I don't want rubs.

So heard someone speaking about this product and thougt I'd like to look
into it further.

Any info/input is appreciated!

thanks!
kathie