[RC] What's your occupation? - Karen Everhart

:-)  WOW!!!  We have some folks with some interesting jobs/backgrounds/history's!!!

I'm a Master's prepared Exercise Physiologist.  Spent my first few years in Corporate Fitness, moved into Health Care Administration and remained there for the "duration".  Went from developing Occ. Med (workplace injuries) programs and clinics, through a stint as Medical Director for a huge insurance brokerage firm, still developing programs to care for injured workers, then finished my professional career providing end-of-life care as a Hospice Administrator.  When I decided I was tired of dealing with Board Rooms and insurance reimbursement issues (including Medicare reimbursement for hospice services) I started my own horse/human training program called Horse Calls.

In 2005 my newly retired (from 38 years in the military) husband and I moved to a former cattle pasture, started building structures and fences, and founded a horse rescue.  We currently have 12 rescued.  2 are critical cases in that if we don't get their issues resolved, their longevity will be threatened (anyone have any wonderful experience with EPM OR chronic dental abscesses?).  Between the 12 rescues, 2 retired and our own 8, we have 2  full-time (unpaid) jobs just doing horse care and ranch chores.

I have not completed in any endurance rides but I think I have nearly 3000 rider miles in CTR.  I think my current mount is nearing 2500 competition miles.  I aspire to do Tevis, hence my interest in Ridecamp!!

Karen Everhart MEd.
President- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
email: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Owner/Operator Horse Calls LLC
Training, Centered Riding Lessons
CTR and Endurance Conditioning and Training
email: HorseCalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.horsecalls.com

620-725-3402
316-648-5082