[RC] What's your occupation? - Jane Cunningham

Hi Ridecampers

I'm curious as to what you all do for a living that allows you to take so much time off from work to compete.

Back in England I was a retail manager and I had to work saturdays (no choice as it was our busiest day) so if I was in the same position now there is now way I could go to rides. EnduranceGB had one ride on a saturday all the rest of the ride calendar was on sunday's so I could only go to rides that were no more than 2hrs away as we had to travel to and from the ride, do the ride and come home the same day.

We also had to have a crew for 40 miles and over. If you were found in breach of this you were dq'd so it was hard finding friends willing to give up time to crew.

I cannot wait till spring to start competing here as it is so much more relaxed and not having to worry whether I'll have a crew. Also we had to have our entries in 2 wks before the ride. No turning up the day of the ride so commitment from crew was essential.

Wishing spring was here now

Jane