Re: [RC] Physical violence at Blackwater Boogie! - Sky Ranch

You're a Ditch Rider?  That can be a very dangerous job around Colorado.  There have been gun fights over water in Colorado.  I couldn't believe that, when I moved here, but it's true.  Water laws here can be very complicated, and there is actually a separate Water Court to resolve water issues.  I think it started back in the early days of mining, when the mining companies used so much water.

We had a neighbor where we used to live that would routinely cut off our water (we shared a ditch) so we constantly had to go turn it on again.  He was notorious for stealing water.  There was nothing much we could do, we contacted the irrigation water company, the ditch rider, and even called the sheriff as a last resort.  They all said, well you just have to resolve it between yourselves.  Right.  This man had pulled a gun on the sheriff's deputies a few years earlier.  Needless to say, we don't live there any more, and I'm glad to be in a new place.

Carla Richardson
Colorado