[RC] Cold and propane - Chrystal Woodhouse

I have to mention this as we almost lost a few of our riders last spring. Three of them were sleeping in the same trailer with a portable propane heater, only one of them was able to get up in the a.m. I guess people realized there was a problem ( I was still sleeping) and checked on the other two occupants who were very sick, all three of them were rushed to the hospital , the bigger man got off the easiest, the other two were small women, one spent the day in the hospital I think the other girl was there for a few days. The doctor told them never to use those  indoor propane heaters overnight and that there were two reasons the three of them survived a) there were three of them so they were basically filtering the poison between three of them and also that in the middle of the night when one of the women woke up to try and change the propane bottle she was so out of it ( because of the effects of  the poisoning) she couldn't manage it and left it empty, so all that damage was done by one bottle! The Dr. said he felt people get propane poisoning a lot more than they realize, headaches,sleepiness etc.. in the morning are aftereffects of propane poisoning.
I prefer to get my headaches the natural way.........too much beer, and really enough beer and a down comforter and one just doesn't get cold!:-)
Chrystal