Re: [RC] Blackwater Boogie Now cold..........:-) - Chrystal Woodhouse

O.k. I THINK  I have translated your message into "Canadian"  though am guessing on the abbreviations is TN Tennesee?GA um.....................Georgia??? AL HAS to be Alabama o.k.so then I have to tackle 19 degrees which in Canada is t-shirt weather and I am wondering why you think that is cold then remember you guys still do F so I have to find a converter on the internet to find out that 19 F  is actually cold, -7 in Celsius!! Almost the same as here right now ( which is why I am on the computer doing useless stuff  I know I have to go out and ride soon but am waiting for some sun!:-))
And I ( think) I have learned something as I would have thought that TN,GA and AL are southern states and don't get below 0C , like isn't that where watermelons grow??:-) Doesn't it have to be hot for that?????? I need to go rent Fried Green Tomatoes again & Gone with the WInd................(.these are my resources for what the South is like!!:-)) And apparently I need to look at a map of the U.S.....
I think we need an international  RC code for temperature like, it is so cold all the water buckets are frozen, ( Pretty cold)  or it is too cold to ride (VERY cold) and for heat we could use electrolytes as in it was a 3 oz / hour electrolyte day ( hot) or a 6 oz/ hour day ( REALLY Hot and humid) ( And I actually don't know what an oz is but that is how my electrolytes are measured in a handy little scoop.:-) SO don't get excited and start throwing oz's around in other conversations I only understand it as it relates to electrolytes. :-) ;-)

Chrystal :-)  ( who being Canadian might be able to help out with your fighting issue , you know being from a peacekeeping country and all that,LOL:-) my answer would be beer, if everyone stays up drinking it and talking around the campfire then no-one is going to worry about the generators!:-)

rides2far@xxxxxxxx
Sent by: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12/09/2006 09:55 AM

Chrystal@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[RC]   Blackwater Boogie    Now cold..........:-)

> Um.................Angie don't you live somewhere like Texas???? What
> the  heck can be cold down there????????????????:-)

Nope, I live right where TN/GA/& AL meet. It's 19 degrees this morning!

>>> :-(  And all one really needs is a good quality down comforter,

We have a down comforter that my husband's mom bought him before we were
married (24 years ago). When we got married we lived in a cottage that
was meant as a summer vacation retreat and had NO insulation. It got so
cold that winter that my record player wouldn't run and we left out
Christmas tree up till February because it was too cold to stand around
in the living room to take it down...besides, it was *thriving* in the
refrigeration. :-) We kept the bedroom heated best we could with a little
space heater.  That was the warmest comforter in the world and saved us a
lot of money in heating. >G<. It finally got too dingy and stained
looking to have out in the house and it moved to the horsetrailer. At the
Skymont ride this year it was below freezing and Bill was packing his
subzero sleeping bag.I said, "forget it, we're sleeping under the
COMFORTER!  *Much* warmer to sleep with another warm body right next to
you under comforters than even really expensive sleeping bags. (OK, there
was a nother cheapo on top of it but the two of them were WARM!)  Make
sure you put something like an insulite closed cell foam pad underneath
your bed to keep out the cold that comes up from below.

Angie