[RC] camping and generators Don't be haters - oddfarm

I LOVE the idea of separate camping when possible, for those who wish to run their generators all night.

I camped in a tent for a few years. It was fun, until I got older. I made my family sleep in a tent in below freezing weather more than once. What was I thinking???? My kids were so tiny!!!! I would never in a million years put my kids through that again. We couldn't put on enough blankets to get warm, let alone *toasty*.

This has become more of a family sport and with families come children and sometimes grandparents to watch the kids so mom and dad can ride. Most trailers can run heat without the generator but it can drain the batteries so you have to run the generator during the day to charge them. Either way, you have to start that machine up.

We use to live in a neighborhood just like every other neighborhood where the houses were so close together you could hear your neighbor sneeze. You could hear their phone ring, the cars come and go and the air-conditioner running all the time. So we really should be desensitized to that. In other words, it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal.

I realize most of us like the *camping* thing to get away from it all. However, when some of us ask our parents to come and *camp* so they can watch the kids or we ask family and friends to come and crew, we want them to be as comfortable as possible because they are there for US! Their idea of camping may not be that of "roughing it" so If that means running the generator past 10:00pm because it is 95 degrees and they need the a/c or 19 degrees and they need some heat, so what?

If you like camping in a tent, a truck or out under the stars and you have no one else to care for but yourself, good for you. But while the membership numbers may be stagnate or declining, (depends on who you talk to) the ride camps are getting more and more packed. With families. This is a good thing. We should all try to be neighborly, no doubt but when ever families gather, there has to be some flexibility or people start to get a tad cranky. Like the people who want to ride ;)

I can guarantee that if I am up all night sweating or freezing I won't be the most pleasant person in the morning. And those of you who didn't want to hear my generator in the first place, may be standing in line the next night to turn it on for me :)

I am going to have to get a sign for my trailer like I have for the house.

"This trailer is maintained for the comfort and security of my family. Warning - teenagers aboard, (official members of the B*&$&, piss and moan about everything club) and husband who paid for trailer, still puts up with cranky rider, (that would be me;) and wants to watch the game.  May run generator whenever the need arises. If you don't like it......Move."

Lisa Salas, the Odd faRm
I LOVE my trailer and generator!