[RC] Keeping your pant legs from riding up on while on your horse - sherman

I wear riding tights and they stay put very well without half chaps. I don’t like half chaps as they feel too bulky to me, so I’m going to cut mine down to fit just on the lower part of my calf just to keep dirt & gravel from getting into my shoes (Roper Athletic Horseshoes) when I need to hike. Has anyone tried this?

Kathy

I've heard a few people mention that they wear Ariat terrain boots, which is what I wear. The only thing with them is that the strap on my jodhpurs to keep them from riding up doesn't work very well with them. I'm probably going to get Half chaps in hopes that they will keep them whatever pants I might be wearing from riding up. Has anyone else had the same problem? Any suggestions? I don't really want to go back to traditional western boots, where you can just tuck your pants down in them. In my Ariats I can hike as well as ride in them.

--

  Chelsea Marsh

  chelsea_marsh@xxxxxxxxxxx