[RC] Cranberries - good for people, maybe horses too? - Sky Ranch

Here's a very interesting article about cranberries.  Of course we've all heard that drinking cranberry juice is good for certain things, like bladder infections -- an interesting thing in this article is that there is some evidence that it can also combat the bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers.

So, I'm wondering if it might be beneficial to pour some cranberry juice (the real stuff, not with sugar added, etc.), or add dried cranberries to my horse's diet...  hmm, worth looking into to.  Couldn't hurt!  I wonder how many cranberries a horse would have to eat to help prevent ulcers - ha!

Carla Richardson
Colorado