[RC] I need therapy cause I can't stop anwering these people! - Cindy Collins

...Because they keep emailing me directly....Although apparently I don't have enough experience in endurance riding to comment on conditioning horses :), let me just say that as a matter of fact I did take myself to an ultra run in the BigHorn mountains with no conditioning and managed to finish the 50 K (on a bet).? I completed within the required time in second to last place.? However, I never, ever said that I would take a 20+ year old horse out of the pasture and do 25 miles.? Let me try breaking down my original statement one more time:??
" Any horse + who can do 10-15 miles + at a reasonable pace + can easily finish + a 25 mile ride + within 6 hours."? Cindy?

? It takes a lot of time and work to build muscle and stamina.? If anyone thinks they can take a horse right out of pasture?and it ought to do a 25 mile without a problem needs to try and run a 10K without any training first!? Then let's talk conditioning.?

In the meantime it doesn't take a rocket scientist to?figure out?how to read the stats on AERC for hours ridden in competition and then compare those?names with the names on this message board! D'Arcy

Cindy Collins