[RC] Endurance as a Spectator Sport? - Sherry Brunkhardt

Has anyone here been following the sanctioning process of the Santa Fe ride? The RM told me that RFD-TV is going to cover it. I looked on the website www.santafehorserace.com for rules and requirements. The entry fee is only $3,500.00 per team. WAAH!  I couldn't quite figure out how much for an individual.
Rob Phillips (RM) told me that they will have "some macho John Wayne types" that want to ride the whole ride, but I don't know if a person can ride one day or some days or what. If anyone else gets any clearer info, please let me know.