Re: [RC] re: training miles needed/speed - heidi larson

Sky Ranch <skyranch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
At home, my horse can poke along so slowly that it feels like we're going backwards sometimes, but when he is in a group, it's race time!

That's why when I can, I train with an older retired horse that loves to be competitive and gets my guy psyched up at home!  I also try to do some hard training rides with another rider or two, just for the same purpose.  Get's my boy revved up at home so that he's actually working rather than putzing along. Seems to be working for us!

heidi and Kalasha (aka - Ash)