    *From:* Tx Trigger <mailto:txtrigger@xxxxxxxxx>
    *To:* Ridecamp <mailto:ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, October 25, 2006 3:25 PM
    *Subject:* [RC] teaching to tie with belly rope...NOT

    I know that for as long as horses have been taught to tie, and not
    set back, folks have been using the rope around the horses
    girth/body, and up through the halter ring, and tied off. If
    anyone ever wants to see the scars/ areas of no hair that start up
    near my horses withers, and trickle all the way down to under his
    girth area, I can show them to you. His breeder sent him out for
    some "lessons", and things obviously did not go well. When I got
    this horse, he was scared of his own lead rope. This is not a
    method I'd recommend to anyone, after seeing what happened with my
    gelding before I bought him. But, it is a method that has been
    used for as long as I can remember.
    Jonni in TX

--

“Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience.” Albert Einstein