[RC] teaching to tie with belly rope...NOT - Tx Trigger

I know that for as long as horses have been taught to tie, and not set back, folks have been using the rope around the horses girth/body, and up through the halter ring, and tied off. If anyone ever wants to see the scars/ areas of no hair that start up near my horses withers, and trickle all the way down to under his girth area, I can show them to you. His breeder sent him out for some "lessons", and things obviously did not go well. When I got this horse, he was scared of his own lead rope. This is not a method I'd recommend to anyone, after seeing what happened with my gelding before I bought him. But, it is a method that has been used for as long as I can remember.

Jonni in TX