*From:* ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]*On Behalf Of *Karen Sullivan
*Sent:* Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:27 PM
*To:* kimfuess; Spottedracer@xxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [RC] Some tough questions for those that sell the Boots..

----- Original Message -----
*From:* kimfuess <mailto:kimfue@xxxxxxxxxx>
Why would a gaited breed require a different type of shoeing or
trimming? Wouldn't a balanced, level, trim and good shoeing that is
balanced and keeps the toes short be optimum for any horse? I am
just interested in horses going down the trail not about special
shoeing for the show ring or shoeing that would exagerate a certain
gait.

*Hi Kim, I agree with this totally!!! Or, from the other
perspective...if you have to deviate from a good, balanced trim to
get a certain gait; that has just got to negatively impact on
joints; tendons and ligaments and long-term soundness of the horse
down the road....
Karen