Re: [RC] ok, TAX bad word - Karen Everhart

Hi Sandy,

Boy do I agree.  We pay for everybody else's screw ups every day from shoplifters to insurance fraud to medical charity to teenage pregnancy to.......drunk drivers and the list goes on and on and on and on.  Paying for others, how ever you choose to describe them, is a part of being a member of the American culture.  SUCKS when folk don't assume responsibility for their own behaviors.  Matters not what you or I think, it is how it will be ........probably forever.  We also subsidize farming and reward illegal immigration.  What makes us think that we (breeders and horse owners) can escape the issue?  If there is a horse problem (AAEP calls it a "symptom" in their position paper released in 2005) I guarentee that the horse folk are going to be called to help solve it.  May end up being a feed check-off (which would spread the burden to anyone who buys horse feed) may be a tax.  Regardless, we will have to be a part of trying to fix it!

PS - Where are the horses located that you are trying to place/sell?

Karen Everhart MEd.
President- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
email: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Owner/Operator Horse Calls LLC
Training, Centered Riding Lessons
CTR and Endurance Conditioning and Training
email: HorseCalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.horsecalls.com

620-725-3402
316-648-5082
p.s. a couple of these horses are terrific endurance prospects! Two trained mares....a couple of nice young ones bred for the sport....