[RC] Horse Slaughter - Nat Nelson

>>However, I do agree that the horse slaughter issue has come about because of a surplus of horses and a lack of capable owners. I think breeders are responsible - as are backyard horse owners who buy horses before calculating all the costs associated with long-term lifetime care for that animal.>>

BULLPUCKEY! Horse slaughter has NEVER been soley due to lack of capable owners! Nor is it the fault of breeders. As far as I know, most breeder's goals is to sale their horses at a profit - not to go directly to the kill barn!

AS long as there are horses there will be horse slaughter! It is NO ONES fault it is a FACT of life!!! Wether it is here locally in the US or if they have to be shipped out of the country - horse slaughter will exist.

 Horses CAN NOT be managed like dogs and cats with the Humane Society or other agencies like them - it will BANKRUPT our state and federal goverments! It literally costs BILLIONS of dollars a year to house and unthenize dogs and cats. Could you imagine the skyrocketing cost if the same was done for horses?! What about the space needed to house these unwanted horses that can no longer go to slaughter?  What are you guys thinking!?

Horse slaughter, although not a pretty subject is an extremly important part of the horse industry.

~Nat~
Buckeye, AZ

Natalie "Nat" Nelson
Cross 5 Ranch