RE: Re: [RC] OT-Big win for horses in the House! - Chris Paus

One thing I just learned recently is that horse exports to Mexico have gone up 400 percent in recent years. hmmmmm... wonder why that is? Do you think horses who aren't slaughtered in the US are treated more humanely in Mexico? Think again.

chris

patty peck <ebeyslew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Amen....It was soooo much better for the horses when we all had local slaughter houses that the horses could be processed at with very minimal trauma to the horse.  This legislation will make it WORSE for the horses......Patty

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  What it WILL do is cause horses to be hauled even further to slaughter--which can be an abuse in and of itself, with horses batched together in large trucks.  It will force horses to be hauled outside the country for slaughter--where WE HAVE NO LEGISLATIVE POWER OVER WHAT TAKES PLACE.  Horse slaughter plants in this country at least can be subject to

Chris Paus