Re: [RC] OT-Big win for horses in the House! - Maryanne Gabbani

There is no horse slaughter in the Middle East. Eating horses is considered haram...forbidden or sinful. So you see guys driving a cart pulled by a rack of bones with horrible legs and he's lame on all four legs. But the carter can't sell him for anything so he might as well just work him until he drops in the road. It isn't like a cart driver makes that much money to be able to just give away a horse and buy a new one. I'm sure that I won't be tucking into a horsemeat steak anytime soon, but I think the horses would be so much better off if they could just be out of this cycle? of misery.

Maryanne
Giza