RE: [RC] [RC] Arabs whipped at shows - Kristen A Fisher

Here's what you do when you see that.

Walk to the show office and ask the show secretary to page the USEF steward, report the issue to the steward and ask them to investigate.

From USEF: "It is the responsibility of the steward or TD to investigate and act upon any alleged violation without waiting for a protest."  http://www.usef.org/documents/competitions/2005/GuidelineCruelty.pdf

Kristen

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jo Anne Rudolph
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:29 PM
To: sherman; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] TWH....are then pinfired? - now Arabs whipped in stalls

At the National Arab Show in Scottsdale last year, they didn't even put them in stalls; I saw young horses whipped across the front legs in front of God and country, and anyone else walking by.

sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know for a fact that the Arabs are STILL getting this treatment. A friend was offered one that couldn’t be shown or put in a stall anymore as he was terrified of getting whipped again. This was 2 mos. ago.

Kathy