Re: [RC] Bryce Canyon Ride and my Wierd Mare - Dyane Smith

I guess it could be a lot of things, but I think you're right not to rule out boredom.  My horse used to do a lot of playing (not thank God as athletic as your mare) when we were on our old trails, but, like yours, he was rock solid on rides.

Can you trailer out to new trails at least a couple times a week?

Dyane

I would suspect saddle issues or pain issues or something if she did this through the entire ride. But she is forward, moves well, back isn't sore at all - it must be a mental problem! Any suggestions or similar experiences (before I get killed) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm praying she will behave at Bryce - but she is usually a very different horse at rides and very focused - never spooks. We'll see!