[RC] Bryce Canyon Ride and my Wierd Mare - Peggy B-Smith

I'm heading out to Bryce Monday evening or Tuesday morning.
Has anyone who goes my way (up 15 through Las Vegas) stayed at the Clark County Fairgrounds? They are an hour out of Vegas. I called them today and they said to go ahead and use the stalls or arena - the women I talked to was very nice and checked for me. I thought I would unload and rest and head out in the morning on to Bryce.

Second issue: Wierd Mare. My mare has started really awful behavior. My theory is she is just bored to death with our trails, which we have probably ridden hundreds & hundreds of times. She is fine going out - a little sluggish, but steady and forward. But - on the way back, usually about 5 miles from home - she starts going nuts. She spooks at everything - things she has passed hundreds of times. The other day right by my house, she suddenly went backwards, in warp speed, threw up her head and hit me in the face - thank-you, helmet! - There was nothing there! Same old trail.
Yesterday was the worst. They were ribboning our trails for the NATRC ride this weekend. No ribbons on the way out, but we started seeing them (about 3-4 miles from home) on the way back in. We were crossing a bridge with a ribbon on the other side, she spooked, spun and jumped off the bridge! Thankfully, it was only 3 feet high and the bottom wasn't full of rocks like most of them. She somehow didn't fall down, and I stayed on. This is a horse I have hung ribbons all over while I have been ribboning for rides or collecting the ribbons after! You can hang ribbon from her bridle, saddle, anywhere - she doesn't care! And - has followed ribbons on rides for years!

I would suspect saddle issues or pain issues or something if she did this through the entire ride. But she is forward, moves well, back isn't sore at all - it must be a mental problem!
Any suggestions or similar experiences (before I get killed) would be greatly appreciated.
I'm praying she will behave at Bryce - but she is usually a very different horse at rides and very focused - never spooks. We'll see!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA