Re: [RC] Rider Drugs - apology - Chris Paus

LOL, Kat, I don't think you're a genetic freak. It's true that some people have higher tolerances to pain than others. My FIL and MIL each never once complained about pain as they fought (and lost) their battles with cancer. Yet, DH can't stub his toe without being in agony!

DH and I once went together to the same orthopedist. He looked at our knee xrays and told my husband, "I don't know how she's walking. Her knee is a lot worse than yours."

That was 4 years ago, and I'm still walking and riding and haven't had that TKR yet, while DH has had two arthroscopic surgeries and still complains a lot about knee pain.

We are just a two-rat study. Am I tougher than him or do I have a higher tolerance? who knows. I'm not as tough as  you. I do need some help with drugs on a long ride.

it's all relative, or maybe comes from our relatives, LOL.

chris

k s swigart <katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is everybody else who is pointing out that I must be some genetic
freak or young enough that I don't know any better. I prefer to think
that I am just like everybody else, and that everybody else could do the
same as long as they have not already overused their body to the point
of irreparable damage (or are starting out with some serious genetic
disadvantage, I concede that such people also exist, but that THEY are
the exception, not me).

I may be wrong. I might truely be the genetic oddity that many people
seem to think I am. I hope not.

kat
Orange County, Calif.

Do you Yahoo!?