Re: [RC] Arabian Bloodlines - Chris Paus

Exactly! When I went horse shopping for my first distance horse, I started from the ground up. I looked at feet first, then legs, then the body. A pretty head was a bonus, as far as I was concerned.

I was replacing a beloved old Morgan who had the most Roman nose and who unfortunately was severely and chronically laminitic. He taught me a lot in life, not the least of which is that feet are very very important! And once you put a bridle on a horse, even a gangly looking head is beautiful!

I won't say that my horses are perfect, because there is no such thing. But I can say honestly, they've got dam*ed good feet, LOL!

Now, I include in my criteria, a darned good disposition, too! The older I get, the less I want to hassle with a problem child horse.

chris

Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, in the endurance world, "beauty is as beauty does."  I'm not so particular about how pretty a horse's face is, as whether he can be effective in endurance riding.

Barbara