[RC] Public awareness campaign - Christina Schiro

Someone posted that AERC or ?? should think about advertising in non-distance equine publications and even non-equine publications.

I thought I would share how I got into distance riding (CTR, LD, and endurance).

I was a horse-crazy teenager flipping through a young woman's magazine and came across a one page article on endurance riding. Half the page was taken up with a single picture of a smiling helmet-wearing woman trotting up a green-grassy hill on a beautiful bay horse. That picture is still vivid in my mind. Wow, I thought, SOME day I want to do that. I didn't know how or when, but I just thought, SOME day, and I always kept it in the back of my mind.

15 YEARS LATER, life has fallen into place. And I did my first season of distance rides in 2004. So far I have 1 CTR and 3 LDs. This upcoming season I plan to start doing 50's. SOME day I want to do a 100.
Christina