[RC] [RC] re: 100s discussion - sherman

IMO, most people outside of endurance don’t know what endurance riding is. When I’m talking to people about how I ride, I tell them we do “long distance riding”. It’s easier for them to understand. I go on to tell them how long in hours our rides are, because having never ridden 25 or 50 miles on a horse most people have no idea of what that means. If you tell people most of your rides are 3-4 hours, and up to 8-10 hours, and cover 25-50 miles, then they “get it”.

Kathy
long distance rider
Grass Valley, CA

Barbara wrote:

When someone in the office asks me what I do, I say that I am an endurance rider.
Anyway, what should LD'ers call themselves?