Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

RE: [RC] re: 100s discussion - Chris Paus

I just say "distance rider." I think that encompasses CTR, endurance, LD, etc.

"Mcgann, Barbara" <BarbMcGann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe we need some suggestions for what people could call themselves.
When someone in the office asks me what I do, I say that I am an
endurance rider. As opposed to being an aerial gymnist, or a high
diver, or a motorcross rider! I go to endurance rides where 3 distances
are offered, and I ride one of them. It just doesn't sound right to say
that I am an "endurance wannabe" or an "endurance hanger-arounder".
(Personally, I have ridden 50's in the past, so I guess, according to
your standards, I CAN say that I am an endurance rider, but lately, due
to personal issues, I have been riding the shorter distances, so I can
empathize). Anyway, what should LD'ers call themselves?

Barb McGann, AERC #840

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
RE: [RC] re: 100s discussion, Mcgann, Barbara