Re: [RC] 100s and preparation - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Miles may be miles in measurement terms.  But they are not equal in sports.  You named off some things that you learned in CTR.  Those are very good, and valuable things to learn to ride your horse in ANY distance sport.  But, I have never entered a CTR and I have learned the very same things that you mentioned, but in the endurance realm.  True, different people have different reason for which type of riding they go into.  We are not trying to Change anyone's mind about HOW to ride their horse.  We only want to have the DIFFERENCE noted.  That a one day 100, is not even close to a 3-day 100 CTR.  How many average horses could go over the Tevis trail in 3 days????   Now, take the same group and see how many can do it in one day.

Hey, have a great time at the Shore to Shore.  I wish I was going.  Been there twice, and it is nice.....especially this time of year in the South !!!  :))

larry Miller <jcmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Miles are miles, whether competitive or endurance, whether fast or slow.  There are a couple of things that competitive taught me.  One was to pace my horse, no getting caught up in the race, two was to be able to ride smart enough that the horse could go 2 or 3 days.  Folks ride for their own reasons.  Some just want to ride the distance that one is comfortable with while others have the 100 as the final goal.  Nothing wrong with any of it.  See ya at the Shore to Shore Truman where we can continue the discussion while riding in some gorgous country.  Jeanie