[RC] 100s and preparation - larry Miller

Miles are miles, whether competitive or endurance, whether fast or slow.  There are a couple of things that competitive taught me.  One was to pace my horse, no getting caught up in the race, two was to be able to ride smart enough that the horse could go 2 or 3 days.  Folks ride for their own reasons.  Some just want to ride the distance that one is comfortable with while others have the 100 as the final goal.  Nothing wrong with any of it.  See ya at the Shore to Shore Truman where we can continue the discussion while riding in some gorgous country.  Jeanie