[RC] Those stinging S.O.BEES - oddfarm

When we first moved into our house, everything was so overgrown. No one had lived on the property for almost 5 years. The ground was covered with either Brazilian Pepper trees or ferns.

First thing we had to do was put a safety fence around the pool as our kids were just tiny tots. We didn't have a tractor so John had to mow 3 acres with a push mower.

One day he was mowing around the pool where most of the fern grew. He said he felt something on him but kept brushing it off. Well, before he knew it, he was covered with ground bees. They were down his shirt, in his pants, stinging through his pants and in his steel toed boots.

He ran to the pool. It was blocked by the damn safety fence. He ran to the back door. It was locked. He finally ran into the garage and into the house. They followed him all the way and some even got into the house. He ripped his clothes off and jumped in the shower, every inch of his body burning and stinging.

I came home and found him laying on the futon, swollen and nauseas.I asked him what happened and he told me the story. I got the bottle of Benedryl and poured what I could down his throat without him vomiting. Poor baby, he was miserable.

The next night I went out back and saw him sitting in the lawn chair drinking Corona's and holding 2 cans of Raid wasp and hornet killer. He showed me the two holes they had made. They were going into one and coming out the other. It was dusk and he was lit, (from the Coronas) and he wasn't taking any prisoners.

As they were flying into the nest he sprayed and screamed, "Die you S.O.B.'s" and as they were flying out he sprayed and laughed like a mad man. His body was still throbbing from the day's previous stings and his skin was hot to the touch. But the smell of Raid in the air and the thrill of the kill temporarily eased his pain. He showed them.

Men, they are so funny. To make this endurance related.....

One time at band camp, I mean Leatherwood, I was riding with my Homie, Tracie and we were just finishing up the ride. I saw the bees on the ground and yelled to her to "GO!" Then I heard her screaming  and when we were clear, she caught up to me and told me they got her good. As we came into camp she jumped off her horse and pulled down her pants. Oooo-weee gurl, you are sexy with your riding pants down around your ankles and big red welts all over your behind!

Lisa Salas, The Odd faRm