Re: [RC] Stirring up a Hornet's Nest - Sisu West Ranch

If you want to see some excitement, walk a pack string over a ground bee's nest.  A couple of years ago I was following a pack string up Big Creek.  All of a sudden, Ranger started to get real nervous, and almost bucky.  I quickly realized that he was being stung on the belly by the hornets.  I let him into his power trot (faster would have been impossible).  I quickly started to see the remains of the pack string.  A hat here, a mantee there, a person in the bushes etc.  It took us about an hour to collect and reload all of the critters.  The forest service was a bit late in getting their trail project started.

PS.  This is the Big Creek near my house, not the Big Creek with the fire (at least so far this year).

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875