[RC] re:bucking horse - Rebecca Bianchi

I've been reading with interest all the posts about the "bucking horse" because I have exactly the same situation; bought a 6 year old Arab that anybody could ride, several months into training he suddenly decides to buck my husband off.  I already had a chiropractor work on this horse so I don't think body pain was an issue.  I can see where an ill fitting saddle could be the culprit, but I had his fitted by the company owner.  The only thing I could figure out is my husband is considerably heavier than I ( I do the conditioning of the horses since I have the time) and this horse has a problem with being scared of horses rushing up from behind - the exact situation that precipitated the first bucking fit.  Since that incident, I've taken to lunging him before riding and have discovered he is a world class bucker complete with feet flying, twisting body and wild shark eye looks.  Depending on the temperature and how much time off he's had between rides it takes 5 min. and up to 20 min. before he gets it out of his system.  Then I can mount up, ride out and he is like a different horse, calm and relaxed.  Youthful exuberance?  Cold backed even on these 95 degree days?  I don't have a clue.
Good luck from a fellow "bronc" rider.