[RC] Tevis Webcast - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

Just wanted to let you all know that the Tevis webcast is set to fly off into the airwaves Sat. morning. I have several people with laptops stationed at Foresthill, Michigan Bluff and the finish line, and there are upwards of 75 radio operators out there under the direction of Ralph Lucas, radioing in horse and rider position to Net Control, where I will be entering the data.

While the webcast is something many of you at home use to track family and friends, Ride Management uses it also and it is a vital tool in making sure all riders are safe. The laptops at Foresthill and Michigan Bluff not only send information into net control, but they also provide those stops with important information on when horses will be coming their way and how many horses have been pulled, as they have access to every report you do.

We already have some photos up of the Pre-Ride Barbecue this evening. Webcast Photos Head Volunteer Karen Chaton and her staff will be zooming hither and yon, taking photos and maybe even some video of the Haggin Cup judging. More photos should appear Friday evening or early Sat. morning of Pre-Ride activities at Robie Park. Karen hopes to have Robinson Flat photos up early Sat. afternoon.

You can enter through the regular Tevis site at www.teviscup.net and click on "The Ride" and then "Event Webcast" or you can head directly to the webcast section of the site at http://www.foothill.net/tevis/webcast06/ .

:) Jackie Floyd