Re: [RC] The Reality of Weight Divisions - Chrystal Woodhouse

Bruce- as an Ontario girl I know Earle Baxter and Jim Rawski- they are both heavyweights and win LOTS!!:-) Not just here in Ontario either- so why do you think weight matters so much??
I think that if we are going to take weight into consideration then  what about horse's height??? I always think it is grossly unfair that my tiny 14.2 Morgan has to compete against the "giant' 15.3 Arab's, I was riding with two such Arabs at a 75 mile ride on Satuday- the rider ahead of me ( and my husband later made the same comment) was lauging at my mare's trit-trot- trit-trot- she was taking waay more steps than the 15.3 Arab, is that fair???Perhaps we should start divisions with horse height taken into consideration?????????(  That is a BIG LOL by the way :-) ;-) :-)   )
I remember talking to a very accomplished endurance rider last year- I was surprised at how excited she was at winning BC at a ride- she explained to me that she either had never won one or rarely had ( can't remember) because she was so small that once they took weight into account for BC she often lost it.
Chrystal  who was a distant 4th Saturday behind heavyweight Jim and I am sure I will ALWAYS be behind Jim and Earle.