Re: [RC] (RC] Commute - Hybrid Vehicles - Barbara McCrary

I did think about Florida, and you notice I said "not much of anywhere." This allows for some error, and I acknowledge Florida. Anywhere else you can think of in the 48 states?

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Truman Prevatt" <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Sky Ranch" <skyranch@xxxxxxxx>; "Adrienne Youngblood" <adrienne@xxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] (RC] Commute - Hybrid Vehicles

Sugar cane is one of FL's biggest crops. The fertilizer off the sugar plantations in South FL is what is causing all the pollution in the Everglades.

Truman

Barbara McCrary wrote:
I doubt we could grow sugar cane much of anywhere in the USA except for Hawaii, since it is a tropical crop. And the little we could grow would not supply the nation's needs. Americans are unwilling to give up driving cars, regardless of what they use for fuel. We couldn't even go back to horses and buggies, because I'd bet we couldn't grow enough hay to feed the necessary number of horses. And can you imagine the FUSS most people would make over manure, flies, smell, etc. on city streets? Oh migosh, what a fuss. So....we have cars, and we won't give them up, so where do we go from here?? All I know is that we had better figure out something, because we are mortgaging our souls to the mid-east countries for oil. That's more dangerous than I want to think about.

Barbara
My not-so-humble opinion....

--

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” Steven Weinberg – Nobel Laureate, Physics